The news site of North Arlington High School

The Viking Saga

Prom Weekend Ideas

Emily Hontiveros, Staff Writer

Prom season is approaching faster than you think. June 2, 2017 is the date of prom for the juniors and seniors at North Arlington High School. Whether you are looking for something fun to do for post-prom or just the weekend in June, decide on plans now and beat the crowds! The following are some ideas:

• Go to a Concert/Music Festival – June marks the beginning of many summer tours for musicians. Visit the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on Sunday, June 4, to see alternative RnB singer, the Weeknd or Irving Plaza in NY to see the Pop Punk band, Real Friends. You could even spend the entire weekend on Randall’s Island, NY to dance the entire weekend for Governor’s Ball Music Festival to see a plethora of artists including Childish Gambino, Lorde, and Cage the Elephant!
  • Go to the Beach – By this time, the warm weather will be back, perfect for being by the beach! Grab your friends and spend the entire day at any of the Jersey beaches.
  • Go to the City – If you prefer the busy life rather than tranquility from the waves, try heading to New York City or Philly where there are countless attractions – Restaurants, museums, shows, and shops are scattered everywhere to visit.
  • Go to a Lake – Want to still be in the water and not deal with crazy crowds? Try going to a lake to enjoy nature at its fullest. Lake Shephard, Ringwood, NJ, for example has a hiking trail. Splashing in the water or riding a paddle boat could be what you need to wind down in the final weeks of the school year.
  • Go Camping – What better way is there to get away from civilization than taking time to appreciate nature’s beauty? This is a great opportunity to put your phone away and enjoy your surroundings.
  • Amusement Parks – Who says you have to be a kid to enjoy amusement parks? Bring out your daring side by visiting an amusement or water park. Parks such as Six Flags or Dorney Park can certainly bring out the thrill in their visitors.

All in all, prom and prom weekend give students a chance to celebrate academic achievements and school friendships. Choose your activities wisely and don’t forget to stay safe!

• Prom Weekend Ideas

Top Stories

Spring Concert NAHS

• Prom Weekend Ideas

Top Stories

Multicultural Night

• Prom Weekend Ideas

Top Stories

Museum of Natural History Trip

• Prom Weekend Ideas

Top Stories

Beloved Teacher Retires

• Prom Weekend Ideas

Top Stories

Class of 2019-Semi-Formal

• Prom Weekend Ideas

Top Stories

“Houston, you have a problem”…The North Arlington High School Competition Cheerleaders are coming to take first place!

• Prom Weekend Ideas

Top Stories

Upset and Triumph in Super Bowl LI

• Prom Weekend Ideas

Top Stories

Winter Pep Rally

• Prom Weekend Ideas

Top Stories

North Arlington High School Winter Concert

• Prom Weekend Ideas

Top Stories

NHS Induction Ceremony 2016

Prom Weekend Ideas