The news site of North Arlington High School

The Viking Saga

Museum of Natural History Trip

Olivia Mistretta, Staff Writer

Recently, Mr. Galante generously decided to take his freshmen global studies students on a field trip to the Museum of Natural History. It was an early morning on a pleasant day in New York when fifty students and a few chaperones arrived at the museum, which had many sights to see. It was refreshing for everyone to have some time away from school and work to have an educational yet fun experience at the museum. Everything from ancient dinosaur bones to clothing items from past Native American tribes was on display for all to see, and many students enjoyed taking a look into the past.

In particular, the gemstones were quite radiant. The museum has a large collection of stones, all of which came in a variety of colors and shapes. It was surprising how the gold nuggets and diamond stones weren’t as brightly colored as the opals on display, and the gemstone exhibit was definitely a favorite among many. Aida Lolovic mentioned that she would totally go on the trip again and that her “favorite part was the gem exhibit because of the beauty in them. They’re so unique.”

Afterword, everyone made a stop in Secaucus to get lunch, which was much appreciated. Other students were interviewed on their favorite parts of the trip and asked if they enjoyed it.

Joe Thompson mentioned on the bus that he enjoyed one exhibit above all, “Probably the dinosaurs; it’s from such a long time ago that it’s amazing to see it in modern times.”

When Maverick Josloff was asked if he would go on the trip again, he replied “Absolutely, it was fun.”

Finally, when asking Mr. Galante himself how he felt, he responded with, “This was a very successful trip and the kids enjoyed themselves by visiting the museum.”

It was certainly a very fine idea by Mr. Galante and very gracious of him to host the trip, as well as the other chaperones. Thank you for helping us share this experience and enjoy a pleasant day in the city.

• Museum of Natural History Trip

News

North Arlington High School Students Take Their First Class at BCC

• Museum of Natural History Trip

Top Stories

Spring Concert NAHS

• Museum of Natural History Trip

Top Stories

Multicultural Night

• Museum of Natural History Trip

Top Stories

Beloved Teacher Retires

• Museum of Natural History Trip

Top Stories

Class of 2019-Semi-Formal

• Museum of Natural History Trip

Top Stories

“Houston, you have a problem”…The North Arlington High School Competition Cheerleaders are coming to take first place!

• Museum of Natural History Trip

Top Stories

Upset and Triumph in Super Bowl LI

• Museum of Natural History Trip

Top Stories

Winter Pep Rally

• Museum of Natural History Trip

Top Stories

North Arlington High School Winter Concert

• Museum of Natural History Trip

Top Stories

NHS Induction Ceremony 2016

Museum of Natural History Trip